What a successful evening it was! Those who were there, thank you for coming and making it “work”! Those of you who missed it, you missed a great evening with good food and great camaderie among the guests, recipients and others. No doubt that the attendees all feel that the arts are the way to go! A special thanks to Cheryl Kuck, our Brush Strokes Awards Chairwoman.
Congratulations to all of the 2011 Brush Strokes Awards Winners:
- Artist of the Year: James Vann
- Arts Educator of the Year: Andi Tomassi
- Creative Contribution Enriching the Community: Florida Museum of Photographic Arts
- Artist with a Heart: Doreen Donovan
- Arts Activism: Debra Bryant and Barbara Schwabe
- Arts Organization Executive of the Year: George Ann Bissett, Dunedin Fine Arts Center
- Exhibit of the Year: The Salvador Dali Museum opening and children’s exhibits
- Non-profit Creative Benefit to the Community: The Children’s Board of Hillsborough County and The Network of East Hillsborough Neighborhoods
- Lifetime Achievement in the Arts: Gorilla Theatre
- Development of the Arts in the Community: Plant City Photo Archives and History Center
- Greatest Corporate Contribution: Bay Area Cardiology Associates
- Performing Arts — Outstanding Contribution: Dave Loebig, founder of the Momentum Festival and Brandon Idol
- The Visionary Award: Jan Kaminis Platt
The 8th annual Brush Strokes Awards for excellence in the arts honored creative and community achievement in 13 different categories.