Gasparilla Music Festival
Call to Artists
Deadline for Submission is Friday, January 27, 2012
The inaugural Gasparilla Music Festival will take place the weekend of March 10th and 11th with a wide variety of bands playing in Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park in downtown Tampa. Subject matter is open, but the committee asks that the theme is music-based.
GMF will present a diverse array of musical styles including indie rock, world music, jazz, Americana, bluegrass, blues, folk, gospel, reggae and other alternative music.
- Poster size 24”x18” (vertical or horizontal)
- Consider including text elements such as: “Gasparilla Music Festival”, “March 10th and 11th 2012”, www.gasparillamusicfestival.com”
- Preferred format for submission is print-ready PDF
- Selected designer will receive an honorarium of $200.00
- Chosen design will appear on posters and may be incorporated into other marketing items, such as event website and flyers, and artist will be credited.
- Selected design may be sold in a live or silent auction to benefit Gasparilla Music Festival, a nonprofit organization, and a percentage of proceeds will go back to the artist.
Please EMAIL your submission by Friday, January 27, 2012 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include name, telephone number, email address and website.
The purpose of the Gasparilla Music Festival is to nurture and promote the cultural life of Tampa by presenting a spectacular range of inspiring local and national musicians and performers across a wide range of genres that leads to greater music awareness, education and the continuance of the urban renewal of Tampa. Our intent is to utilize the shared, powerful experience of live music to sustain, inspire and encourage a stronger sense of community amongst the diverse elements of Tampa, while embracing Tampa’s heritage and natural beauty.